Learn the basics of chado and get hands-on experience making a bowl of matcha tea.
- DURATION: Approx. 90 minutes.
- ROOM: An authentic tea room with tatami mats.
- CAPACITY: 6 people
(Please note that this workshop is not private. For private use, we would like to ask for the fee for 6 people.)
- RESERVATION: Required.
- DATE: Tuesdays through Saturdays. (We are closed on Sundays and Mondays.)
- TIME SCHEDULE:
Time Slot 1 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
Time Slot 2 12:00 PM–1:30 PM
The tea room
A moist sweet for koicha
The entrance to the tea room
Photos are just reference image
OUTLINE OF THE PROGRAM:
- 10-minute introduction video while sipping a cup of cherry-blossom tea.
20-minute tea ceremony in which you will:
- observe the tea ceremony conducted by the tea instructor,
- enjoy a Japanese confection and matcha tea (koicha) served by the instructor, and
- learn to appreciate the utensils and tea bowls used in the ceremony.
- 45-minute hands-on lesson on how to make a bowl of matcha tea and serve the tea to a guest as a host and to associate with the host as a guest.
INCLUDED IN THE WORKSHOP:
A cup of sakura cha (cherry-blossom tea), two kinds of matcha tea (koicha and usucha), and three kinds of Japanese confections.
- DRESS CODE: Casual. Please note that miniskirts, tight pants, and bare feet are NOT recommended.
- RESERVATION & CANCELLATION POLICY
Chado Workshop ¥3,800 (¥4,180 including tax)
Please inform us if you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions in advance.
We will try our best to accommodate your needs.
- Please note that this workshop is designed for participants 10 years old and above.