Learn the basics of chado and get hands-on experience making a bowl of matcha tea.
- DURATION: Approx. 90 minutes.
- ROOM: An authentic tea room with tatami mats.
- CAPACITY: 6 people
(Please note that this workshop is not private. For private use, we would like to ask for the fee for 6 people.)
- RESERVATION: Reservations are required at least six hours prior to the requested time slot.
- DATE: Tuesdays through Saturdays. (We are closed on Sundays and Mondays.)
- TIME SCHEDULE:
Time Slot 1 : 10:00 AM–11:30 AM
Time Slot 2 : 12:00 PM–1:30 PM
Time Slot 3 : 2:00 PM–3:30 PM
The tea room
A moist sweet for koicha
The entrance to the tea room
Photos are just reference image
OUTLINE OF THE PROGRAM:
- 10-minute introduction video while sipping a cup of cherry-blossom tea.
20-minute tea ceremony in which you will:
- observe the tea ceremony conducted by the tea instructor,
- enjoy a Japanese confection and matcha tea (koicha) served by the instructor, and
- learn to appreciate the utensils and tea bowls used in the ceremony.
- 45-minute hands-on lesson on how to make a bowl of matcha tea and serve the tea to a guest as a host and to associate with the host as a guest.
INCLUDED IN THE WORKSHOP:
A cup of sakura cha (cherry-blossom tea), two kinds of matcha tea (koicha and usucha), and three kinds of Japanese confections.
- DRESS CODE: Casual. Please note that miniskirts, tight pants, and bare feet are NOT recommended.
- RESERVATION & CANCELLATION POLICY
■ PARTICIPATION FEE
Minimum two participants per one session.
One person: 7,600 yen (8,360 yen including tax)
More than two people: 3,800 yen (4,180 yen including tax) per person.
This is not a private session. If there are more than two participants in the same time slot, each participant would be requested to pay only 3,800 yen (4,180 yen including tax).
Please inform us if you have any food allergies or dietary restrictions in advance.
We will try our best to accommodate your needs.
- Please note that this workshop is designed for participants 10 years old and above.